June 21 was the first official day of summer which means the season for ice cream, sunscreen, late nights and festivals is here! TBH I’m not the biggest summer fan, so I thought I’d make myself a bucket list of 10 fun things to do this summer. And of course, I had to share it here to keep myself accountable. Hopefully, you’ll find a few things on this list that you want to do during the warm days ahead,
10 Fun Things To Do This Summer
- See Fireworks! Preferably with mini doughnuts in hand but I’m not too picky! 😉
- Go on a bike ride with a picnic! This is kind of a two-in-one but I think it would be so nice to bike to a park and have a picnic when I get there!
- Read some summer themed books. On my list are “The Favorite Sister” by Jessica Knoll, and “The Perfect Couple” by Elin Hilderbrand. I want to read “Crazy Rich Asians” by Kevin Kwan before the movie comes out!
- Make ice cream. Yup, I want to make my own fun flavor of ice cream here at home!
- Shop (and potentially play) a local farmers market. I love walking through the stalls and definitely don’t go enough. I love picking up fresh berries, bread and maybe some flowers!
- Get on the water… preferably in a boat, but I’d love to spend some time at a beach and go swimming or boating. I’m a big tube fan haha!
- Go to K-Days which is basically a carnival here in Edmonton that happens in July. I haven’t been in a few years but I have so much fun when I do go, riding rides and eating fair food!!
- Stay up late and star gaze. I love making the back of a pickup truck super comfy and cozy and looking up at the sky! It’s so beautiful and relaxing and such a fun warm summer night activity.
- Visit the mountains. Both Banff and Jasper are both just a few hours away, and I want to spend some time in either place!
- Visit a plant nursery and take some pics (and buy!) a cactus! I always see other bloggers taking pictures there and picking up fresh plants… it looks like so much fun to do both!
What is something fun you want to do this summer?
Let me know in a comment or tweet me @ClaudiaNorris_ to let me know! You guys always have the best ideas, and I love hearing from you!
P.S. My mom and I will be talking all about summer on our next podcast episode! Click HERE to follow us so you don’t miss it! 🙂