This is the first blog post I’m writing as a 23 year old! My birthday was on Saturday the 16th, and if you were one of the sweet people who sent me a bday message thank you!! I had a fun, relaxing and really a great birthday weekend. 🙂
I’m (sadly) no longer feelin’ 22… and this is the first birthday where I actually feel old. So I thought in today’s blog post I would impart some elderly wisdom on you and share 23 things I’ve learned at 23, in no particular order!
1. Ask for forgiveness, not for permission
2. Your biggest cheerleader in life should be yourself
3. Set goals, and then set little goals to achieve the big goals
4. Make your bed everyday
5. Be yourself, and do it boldly
6. Laugh, sing, floss, and travel (Thanks, Lululemon haha!)
7. Don’t wait for the “right time”, it will never come. The right time is right now
8. If you have a sibling, make sure at some point they go from being just your sibling to one of your best friends
9. Travel and see as much of the world as possible. I really recommend the hop-on-hop-off bus tour if the city you’re in has one. They’re the BEST!
10. Your real friends will never walk away from you, even when things get tough
11. Call your grandparents and ask them questions. You never know when you won’t be able to do either of those things anymore
12. Share your gifts and talents with the world whenever you can
13. Take way too many pictures
14. Learn from your mistakes
15. Forgive people that have hurt you. Holding onto grudges only hurts you, not them
16. If you need to cry, cry
17. Don’t try and be something you’re not, just because you think you should be that something
18. Put yourself first, and be selfish most of the time, especially when you’re young
19. Only wear a bra when absolutely necessary
20. You can do anything, but not everything
21. What other people think of you is none of your business
22. When in doubt, ask your mom
23. Life is short, eat cake.
Those are the 23 things I think are most important at 23! Let me know if you agree with me, or if I’ve missed one of your fave life lessons. Leave me a comment or tweet me! Also a very happy birthday to all my fellow Virgos!