Hello and happy Tuesday!
I have been on a Bloglovin’ tear recently and if you follow me on Instagram then you would know I just got an iPad Pro! Obviously, the first thing I did was download all of my fave/most used apps (let me know in a comment or tweet if you want a “What’s On My iPad Pro” video!) and that included my Bloglovin’ app. I have been loving scrolling through blog posts on my iPad so much more than on my computer! And I’ve never loved reading BP’s on my iPhone and even though I have a plus, it always felt too small to read on. The iPad makes everything feel like a magazine and I’ve been catching up on my favorite blogger’s new posts all long weekend.
That being said, I’ve consumed a lot of content haha. I follow a variety of different types of blogs… beauty, fashion, lifestyle and I am feeling very inspired! I’ve said this before and I’m saying it again… I enjoy blogging so much, but sometimes it gets put on the back burner to all my other social sites. And tbh I’ve had a bit of writer’s block recently and I’ve been unsure what to post about. After going on this blog binge I have a whole list of things I want to write posts about and I can’t wait to share some more lifestyle type posts with you!
The other thing I noticed while reading all different types of posts from all different types of bloggers is that everyone has an opinion or suggestion on how you should “live your best life”. And trust me, I am allll about living your best life! But honestly, I got a little down on myself and kind of felt bad about all of the things I should be doing but I’m currently not doing. The amount of how to be a morning person/morning routine posts I read is what inspired this post since I’m definitely NOT a morning person! I started thinking about all of the other things bloggers, influencers and lifestyle gurus
tell you suggest you should do to be happy, healthy, productive, inspiring… etc. It can feel overwhelming when it feels like you need to be eating avocado toast with your almond milk latte for breakfast while bullet journaling your goals/to-do’s for the day, then make an acai bowl for lunch, go to yoga then come home and make zucchini noodle pasta for dinner AND obvi post it all to the ‘gram… pics or it didn’t happen. It can be hard to keep up, so in today’s post I’m sharing 5 Things I Should Do But Don’t… But I Kinda Wish I Did.
1. Get Up Early/Be A Morning Person. Again, this is what sparked this blog post idea in the first place. I read so many different morning routines/have your best morning/become a morning person/morning ritual idea posts that I suddenly DID want to become a morning person! Even though I’ve never been a morning person… I am totally a night owl and I’m literally writing this post at 2:20 am haha. I can stay up until 4 or 5 am easy. Some of my best work gets done in the early hours between 12-3am so it’s just not realistic for me to be up with the sun drinking my almond milk latte…
2. Be a Coffee/Tea Drinker. I have always wanted to be an avid tea drinker or drink a cup of coffee in the morning. However, it has never been my thing! I have so much David’s Tea it’s embarrassing, and thankfully my mom is more than happy to drink up my stash because I won’t. I even got sent some “28 Day Detox Tea” and I wanted to try to see if it actually works… over a year later I still can’t tell you if it does or not because I haven’t drunk it!! I don’t know why I can’t get into tea or coffee… the idea of tea late at night is so romantic and the idea of a morning cup of coffee just seems so productive to me, but I really can’t commit to either. So for now it’s just plain water for me. #RIPDavidsTea
3. Take Vitamins. I am so into the idea of taking vitamins daily, especially the HUM vitamins or vitamins that are specifically “designed” for your body (idk how to actually do that, but it’s a thing you can actually do!) because it sounds healthy AF and it’s trendy. Long gone are the days where only your grandma takes vitamins. As someone who is always trying to up her health game, adding vitamins into the mix seems like a no brainer. And I’ve bought some of the “common” vitamins (Calcium, Vitamin C, Biotin) and even a multivitamin (hello, One-A-Day for Women hahaha) with the intention of taking them every day, but real talk they are just collecting dust in my medicine cabinet. My brain loves the idea but in practice I just can’t be bothered. I always say “I’ll take them tomorrow” but then I forget to take them, and I’ve forgotten to take them since I bought them.
4. Daily Gratitude Journal. This is one I feel most guilty about not getting into or sticking with. I’ve bought *too many* inspirational journals to gratitude journal in, I’ve bought *too many* pretty pens to gratitude journal with, and I have so much to be grateful for. But when I sit down to do it I just feel like I’m writing “grateful to be alive” or “grateful for my dogs” with no enthusiasm or excitement. It really means nothing to me to write those things down. When I was in a really negative head space and trying to feel better I pulled out the old GJ and tried to write three things I was grateful for it just felt so unauthentic. A youtuber I follow recently said that she tried the gratitude journal thing because she felt she had to do it, but realized it did nothing for her and she got nothing out of it. So obviously I’m not alone in this one but a small part of me still feels bad for not doing it!
5. Meditate. I LOVE yoga. I go multiple times a week. I’ve been going to yoga for years, and it’s one of my favorite things to do. I love clearing my mind, meditating, and stretching and moving my body in class but I just can not get into a solo meditation routine. I’ve done the Oprah & Deepak Chopra 21 Day Meditation like 3 times now with my mom and every time we do it I always wish I meditated daily. Putting that into practice though has never really happened and I don’t really have an excuse as to why that is. I know I can find 15-20 mins in my day to do it, I love it and I find it’s really a helpful tool when my life and mind feel busy and rushed. Out of this list, meditation is one I’m going to really try and incorporate into my everyday life. Maybe I’ll do a September meditation challenge or class! Or do Oprah & Deepak’s one again for the 5th time…!
All in all, I think that the best life you can lead is yours and by doing what feels right to and for you! If you do and love some or all of these things then more power to you! But everyone is different and I think that’s what makes us all so unique and special. I am definitely not going to stop reading these types of posts, but as I’m reading them I’m going to cut myself some slack and remind myself that different things work for different people. You probably won’t find any “how to be an early bird” posts on my blog anytime soon, but if you’re looking for a makeup haul or Taylor Swift cover you’ve come to the right girl!!
Let me know in the comments what YOUR thing you should do but don’t do is… I’m so curious to know!! You can also tweet me! And I’m sorry this post was long, so thank you if you read until the end! I love you!! 🙂