fortune favors the bold.
HELLO 2019! I know this post is a few days late, but I wanted to spend a few days with my word before I shared it with the world. If you’ve been following me for a while you know that each year instead of making resolutions (which I’m actually not into at all anymore!) I pick a word that helps shape and focus my year! This idea of One Little Word was started by Ali Edwards in 2006. This is my 11th year picking a word which is honestly crazy to me!
Last year my word was ENJOY which was a really fun and more of a “calm” word. In comparison, some words I’ve picked in the last few years have been Magic, Spark, Inspire… so definitely more BOLD words. I wanted to get back to some more intense words, and so this year I landed on:
bold – /bōld/: (of a person, action, or idea) showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous.
The meaning of this word really resonates me, and I love the meaning… in 2019 I want to be bolder, more courageous and confident and take risks! I wanted a word that will push me forward instead of letting me be more stagnant and passive. My word for 2018 was great for that year, but it is time to get back to some bold!
Some of my more bold goals for 2019 are:
- Run a 5k. I have never been a runner, I don’t really like running, and with the 3 foot surgeries I had in 2017 & 2018 I didn’t think this was something I could do. SO I booked the 5k Princess race in Walt Disneyworld in February, and my mom and I are going to run it!
- Complete the PopSugar Book Challange. This is a challenge I’ve wanted to do for so many years now and I always start it too late and then get behind. If you followed me in 2018 you know that I was having such a hard time reading. I hate to admit that I only finished SIX books. That is SO SAD. So this year I will be attempting to read 45 books! 40 is the goal, but 45 is the BOLD goal! I will be updating my progress monthly here and over on themotherdaughterpodcast.com if you’d like to see how I’m doing and what books I picked for each prompt! Here is the official 2019 challenge!
- Hit 100k followers across all platforms. The universe doesn’t give us what we don’t ask for so I’m putting it out there! I would love to grow my following to inspire more people with my music, posts, and content. 100k has been a goal of mine for many years and I would love to hit that this year!
- Stick to my posting schedule/post consistently. I will be putting up a youtube video next week on where I’ve been/what happened to me on my channel. My goal is 2 videos a month, 4 blog posts a month, and 4 podcasts a month! My podcast goes up every Monday, and my videos and blog posts will be going up Wednesdays!
- Grow Second Star to the Right Co. I truly don’t have solid numbers for this goal yet, but I think I would like to hit 10k on all the Second Star socials (Instagram & Facebook) and be able to support myself financially through selling my magic merch!
“the doors will be opened to those who are bold enough to knock”
– Tony A. Gaskins Jr.
I’d love to know what your word/goals/resolutions for 2019 are in the comments, let’s support each other together! Let’s live bold & be bold… here’s to 2019!!
Also, my mom and I put up a new year, new you podcast this week! We talk more in depth about our words, how we plan and some organization tips! Click here to listen to it if you haven’t yet, and make sure to follow the podcast on Instagram!!