I chose inspire because I feel it is a more grounding and inclusive word than fearless. Fearless to me is quite broad, but also quite personal. No one can help you be fearless but you. It was a word I needed to really get myself back on my feet, take risks, and make me feel like I could do/accomplish anything! Fearless kind of makes you want to fly… or makes you feel like you can fly, doesn’t it?! Throughout 2014 there were a few times that I felt like all I was doing was falling. I clung to my word so hard at some points, and I found one of the most fearless things I did in the whole year was be there for myself. I went through a lot in my personal life and found I had to be there for a lot of people and I ended up stretching myself a little to thin. Do you remember when you were a kid and you would get Laffy Taffy candy? If you stretched it too far it wouldn’t return back to it’s original rectangular, opaque, clean appearance… that’s kind of how I felt. I was going to fall apart if I didn’t start to pull myself back together… figuratively and literally. Around September I decided I was going to be there for me. It was a hard choice and it took a while to really understand what that meant, and how to actually do that. I chose happiness. And that is sometimes one of the hardest choices to make, but I promise you one of the best. I ended up doing things that made me feel good and put myself first, which again is hard. You feel a bit selfish, mean, even (I hate to say this but there really is no other way) bitchy, but if you can help yourself first, you can help everyone around you. You treat yourself better, you treat the ones you love better. Do you see where I’m going with this… nudge, nudge.While I was learning how to be fearless, I also learned how to inspire myself. I ended up learning a ton of great tricks, and I learned how to help myself. Being a teenager… okay, I’m no longer a teenager but I’m not that old yet!… and being a girl, a sister, a friend, a daughter, a granddaughter, a student, whatever you are I know how hard it can be. That’s why I want to inspire you this year to be the best YOU that you can be! Not only for yourself, but for everyone around you. Inspire just felt like the right word to me/for me this year. It doesn’t only include me, but it includes you. This may sound strange, but I want to inspire as many people as possible in 2015. If I inspire one person this year, I’ve succeeded. And if I inspire 10,000 people that’s even better! If my inspiration can rub off on one person, and that one person inspires two more people, and on and on, imagine how much inspiration would be floating around in this world! Okay I’m super optimistic here… but I think you get what I’m saying! I want 2015 to be your best year yet, and I hopefully through my YouTube videos, blog posts, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) I can inspire you! 🙂
Let’s talk about goals. Last year I made 5 big goals for myself going with the fearless,
and re-capped them every month, but I’m not going to do that this year. I’m going to re-cap my month and kind of talk to you guys instead! Anyway, here are some ways I want to inspire myself and inspire YOU! 🙂Inspiring Myself
:1. Getting into a routine
. It’s super hard trying to be in a routine that only night doctors and shift workers are in… I can’t live my life between 1-4 am anymore! I want to start waking up at a normal time, and getting to bed at a normal time. I also want to get into a better work/personal life/fitness routine, which I think will make me be more productive and also happier! Balance is key.
2. Keeping my space (room & bathroom) clean and organized
. There is no inspiration in mess. I’ve looked. It’s definitely not there.
3. Inspring myself means inspiring you, so let’s jump into how I want to do that! 🙂
1. I want to give you some new beauty inspiration this year! Through my YouTube videos and Instagram!
2. I want to inspire you to step outside your fashion bubble this year, and try something new! Again through YT and IG!
3. Through loving your outer appearance, I want you to learn to love yourself, the INNER you this year too. If you do already, then AWESOME! More power to you! 🙂 Self-confidance / body-positivity are things I will talk about this year, and give tips and tricks on. This is a ’cause’ close to my heart and a personal story of mine I want to share with you.
4. Inspire you to hit the gym! Health fits right in with body-positivity and self-love, and if you feel great physically, you feel great mentally! Plus there is no better high than the one right after a kick-ass workout!
5. I want to inspire you to love your space this year! I will be putting up more decor videos and blog posts to help you turn your space into your space!
6. My Music. I hope that if you hear my songs, you’ll smile or feel good or want to sing along! I will be putting out a bunch of new original music this year, so keep a look out!
7. I hope my blog inspires you this year! I know I have a few blogs I love to go to daily, and I hope mine is that for you!
If you want daily inspiration you can follow all my social media sites! I’d love to talk to you on there! 🙂
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and my INSPIRE Board on Pinterest!
I always pick my favorite quote that sums up my word, and this year it is by Kobe Bryant:
“The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.”
Let’s kill it in 2015 together, and I would love to talk over social media with you! You guys are constantly inspiring me through your stories, video ideas and comments, it’s amazing… thank you!
Love & be fearless, (YES that is staying! 🙂 )